Dvija- reborn as a mother
Dvija- means twice born. First born by mother-father and then born by oneâ€™s karma as an more enlightened soul. Traditionally it has been believed that giving birth to a child is a rebirth of the mother. Believing this, our training at Dvija is always focused on-
- Making every expecting mother and her family knowledgeable to take decisions.
- Avoid medical interventions that are unnecessary.
- Talk to your doctor, ask questions to get clarity about your pregnancy.
- Your child should have wonderful birth memory.
- Every mother should consider it as her responsibility to get back into shape after delivery.
- Every mother should have proper guidance on breastfeeding, nipple preparations, right posture etc.
- Child is born intelligent, we as a parent should know to guide it in right directions.
- It’s very simple ” BE THE WAY YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO BE”.
- Husband is an active member of this entire journey, But he needs guidance about the execution of his role.
- TO BE A PARENT IS NOT A STATUS, it’s a responsibility.
About Founder : Mrs. Shrreya Siddharth Shah
I am Shrreya Shah. I am a dietitian and a post graduate in fitness management. At the age of 14, I saw first sonography of a pregnant lady in a science exhibition arranged by Aayuka in Pune. I was thrilled and amazed to even think that how an entire human being is created, nourished and brought to this world through a mother’s womb. I had a desire to do something in the field of expectant mothers.
This dream was deeply buried within me until I came across a certification course at Mumbai by LAMAZE to be a childbirth educator. I grabbed this opportunity and here I am Shrreya, a childbirth educator. I am enthusiastic, fun loving and someone who loves to express ideas, thoughts and learning’s in a creative way. I use games, activities, discussions, dance etc, to make learning a fun.
Few facts have made me feel immensely responsible in the journey of being a childbirth educator. C-section rate across INDIA is more than 60% and it is increasing with every passing day. Moms are scared of labor pains so they demand C-section. Somehow the perception prevails that, painless delivery and C-sections are EASY to handle. My drive is towards making mom realize, that God will gift you only that child in your womb, which you can deliver. God trusts you and believes that,’ You as women are equipped with all the strength in this world to handle labor pain’. I want every woman to experience that zeal of energy when they give their 100% and deliver their child,” Wow! If I could bring this angel in this world, I can achieve anything.”
Dvija is my passion which gives me ability to make people feel comfortable in my presence. This has been my immense strength in the journey. My eyes sparkle when I see others happy. I love DVIJA because it gives me abundant opportunities to be happy in othersâ€™ happiness.
I believe knowledge helps a person to be courageous and confident. That’s why at DVIJA we believe in making couples well informed, so that they have confidence in this wonderful journey from pregnancy to child bearing. I also believe that every woman deserves the best during herr pregnancy, to be cared, to have choice for the way she wants to deliver, constant positive support………I want every lady to make these choices with clarity.
I want to see every pregnant lady getting prepared to handle labor pain with confidence. I would love to see her demanding for normal delivery with assurance and strength. I want to create a birthing center “DVIJA” where a woman is free to feel her experiences, where she can deliver without any unnecessary medical interventions. She can experience a winner within and can know her potential.
My parents have always been supportive and encouraged me to explore new things like yoga, gymnastic, sports, science projects and much more, because of which I always loved to explore new things and was so exposed to variety of choices in life, which I am really grateful for. A great friend, a mental guide and my ever supporting husband, Siddharth has been standing by me always. He dreams with me and supports me totally to achieve them. My mother-in-law has always been there to support and celebrate all my achievements, opportunities or any new experiments and learning’s. She always says “I see you living that kind of a life which I always wanted to live. Grab the opportunities when they knock at your door, they are very precious.” My teachers in life have taught me to dream, dream big and then do everything needed to turn it into reality. Thank you god for gifting me these people in life.
My delivery and entry of two angels in my life Siya and Saachi
- Water Birth & Gentle Birth Certification (Surya Hospital, Mumbai 2015)
- Lamaze International Child Birth Educator (Lamaze International 2010)
- Doula Skills Workshop (Douglas College Canada, Mumbai 2009)
- Lamaze Teaching Skills Workshop (Douglas College, Mumbai 2009)
- PGDFM (Symbiosis International University, Pune 2008)
- Diploma in Acupressure (IAAS, Indore 2007)
- BHSC (SNDT, Pune 2007)
- MRS. EXQUISITE INTERNATIONAL 2015
- MRS. INDIA EXQUISITE 2015
- Best Talent Award – Rope Mallakhamb (Sapare Vedare 2015)
- Player of the Tournament (LS Sports Convention 2013)
- 2nd Runner Up in Half Marathon (LS Marathon 2013)
- Honorary Speaker for Woman Welfare (Indian Air Force 2009)
- Mrs. SICC PUNE (2008)
KEEP MOVING MOVEMENT – An Initiative by LifeSchool Foundation has transformed 1 lacTeachers & 3 lac Students till date with the help of 250 self motivated volunteers from all walks of life.I AM PROUD TO BE ONE OF THE PILLARS FOR LAST 10 Yrs.
Me and My Husband have adopted 15 children, where we are responsible for their EDUCATION, BOOKS, HEALTH, FOOD and WELL BEING.
Painting, Listening to Music, Reading, Rope Mallakhamb, Athletic, Rhythmic Yoga & Public Speaking.