Nachani Sattva – Ragi Flour for Babies:
Nachani Sattva is a specialized ragi (finger millet) flour made specifically for babies. Ragi is a nutrient-dense grain that is widely recognized for its health benefits, making it an excellent choice for infant nutrition. Nachani Sattva is carefully prepared to provide optimum nutrition to support the growth and development of babies.
Key Features and Benefits of Nachani Sattva:
- Nutrient-Rich: Ragi is packed with essential nutrients like calcium, iron, fiber, and various vitamins. These nutrients are vital for the healthy development of bones, teeth, and overall growth.
- Gluten-Free: Ragi flour is naturally gluten-free, making it suitable for babies who may have gluten sensitivities or allergies. It provides a safe and nutritious alternative for infants who need to avoid gluten-containing grains.
- Easy to Digest: Ragi is known for its digestibility, especially for infants who have developing digestive systems. It is gentle on the stomach and aids in promoting healthy digestion.
- Energy Boost: Ragi is a rich source of complex carbohydrates, which release energy slowly. This helps in providing sustained energy levels for babies and keeps them active throughout the day.
- Brain Development: Ragi contains essential amino acids, particularly methionine and tryptophan, which are beneficial for brain development and cognitive function in infants.
Recipes with Nachani Sattva:
- Ragi Porridge: Mix Nachani Sattva with water or milk to prepare a nutritious porridge for your baby. Add a pinch of salt and sweeten with jaggery or mashed fruits for added flavor. Cook it on low heat until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Ragi Pancakes: Combine Nachani Sattva with mashed bananas, a little milk, and a pinch of baking powder to make a batter. Cook small pancakes on a non-stick pan until golden brown on both sides. Serve them as a healthy and tasty finger food for your baby.
- Ragi Kheer: Boil Nachani Sattva with milk, a touch of ghee, and sweeten with dates or jaggery. Add a pinch of cardamom powder for flavor. Cook until it thickens to a creamy consistency. This nutritious kheer can be served warm or chilled.
- Ragi Idli: Mix Nachani Sattva with fermented rice and urad dal batter to prepare ragi idlis. Steam them in an idli steamer until cooked. These soft and fluffy idlis are a great option for introducing diverse textures to your baby’s diet.
Remember to consult your pediatrician or a nutritionist before introducing any new food to your baby’s diet, including Nachani Sattva. They can guide you on appropriate quantities and ensure it aligns with your baby’s nutritional needs.
Nachani Sattva offers a wholesome and nutrient-packed option to incorporate ragi into your baby’s diet, promoting their overall health and well-being.
Age group & best time to use:
6 months + babies. This is one of baby’s first food/weaning food/complimentary food.
It is malted ragi, health and easy on digestion and yummy.
Edible / Non Edible: