Ragi noodles are a wholesome and nutritious alternative to traditional wheat-based noodles, specially crafted for babies. Ragi, also known as finger millet, is a nutrient-dense grain that offers several health benefits. Ragi noodles provide a convenient way to introduce this nutritious grain into your baby’s diet while offering a tasty and enjoyable meal option.
Key Features and Benefits of Ragi Noodles:
- Nutrient-Rich: Ragi is packed with essential nutrients like calcium, iron, dietary fiber, and various vitamins. These nutrients contribute to healthy bone development, improved digestion, and overall growth in babies.
- Gluten-Free: Ragi noodles are naturally gluten-free, making them suitable for babies with gluten sensitivities or allergies. They offer a safe and nutritious alternative to wheat-based noodles.
- High in Dietary Fiber: Ragi is an excellent source of dietary fiber, which aids in maintaining healthy bowel movements and regulating digestion. Introducing ragi noodles can help promote a healthy digestive system in babies.
- Slow Release of Energy: Ragi noodles contain complex carbohydrates that provide sustained energy, preventing sudden spikes in blood sugar levels. This helps keep babies full and energized for longer periods.
- Easy to Prepare: Ragi noodles are quick and easy to cook, making them a convenient option for busy parents. They can be prepared within minutes, ensuring a hassle-free mealtime for babies.
Recipes with Ragi Noodles:
- Vegetable Ragi Noodles: Cook ragi noodles as per the instructions on the package. In a separate pan, sauté a mix of colorful vegetables like carrots, peas, bell peppers, and corn. Add the cooked noodles to the pan and mix well with the vegetables. You can season with mild spices like turmeric and cumin for added flavor.
- Ragi Noodle Soup: Cook ragi noodles until tender. In a separate pot, prepare a vegetable or chicken broth by simmering vegetables or chicken with water and spices. Once the broth is ready, add the cooked ragi noodles to the soup and simmer for a few minutes. This warm and comforting soup is ideal for colder days or when your baby needs a soothing meal.
- Ragi Stir-Fry: Boil ragi noodles until al dente. In a pan, heat some oil and sauté vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms. Add the cooked noodles to the pan and toss them with the vegetables. You can season with soy sauce or a homemade sauce of your choice for added flavor.
Always ensure that the ragi noodles are cooked thoroughly and cut into small, bite-sized pieces appropriate for your baby’s age and chewing ability. It’s important to consult with your pediatrician or a nutritionist to ensure that ragi noodles are suitable for your baby and to determine the recommended serving size.
Ragi noodles offer a nutritious and exciting variation to your baby’s meal options, providing the goodness of ragi in a fun and tasty format.
Each 200gm packet comes with a spice mix- Please do not add complete packet (specially for kids) please add according to the taste & spice you wish to put.
- Take 4 cups of water (400ml). Allow it to boil.
- Add spice mix given in pack, as per taste
- Add noodles from packet in 2-3 pieces .
- Allow it to cook for 5-7 min. and now remove water from cooked pasta.
- You can add vegetables to noodles to make it more healthy ( if you wish to add then soute them in tadka and then add water)
- One packet can make serving of 2 bowls.
Age group- 6 months +
There are no reviews yet.